"I work hard so that I can provide for my family." - Javon McCrea
Javon McCrea's athleticism and hard work afforded him the privilege of being offered full athletic scholarships from some of the highly regarded colleges and universities in the country. Javon selected the University at Buffalo. Entering the basketball season as a raw seventeen year old, McCrea finished the season breaking records and becoming the schools first player to be awarded Freshman Of The Year. During his senior season, under the direction of Bobby Hurley, Javon and his teammates became the Eastern Conference Champions. McCrea was also awarded conference Player Of The Year. Javon McCrea is University at Buffalo's All-Time leading scorer and rebounder.
In high school, under the direction of the regarded Bob Havrilla, Javon and his teammates won the division title, the sectional title, the regional title and then they advanced to the NYS Class A championship game. Throughout his high school career he received several awards and acknowledgments. Javon McCrea is Newark High School's All-Time leading scorer and rebounder.
Playing basketball in and around both Newark and Rochester New York, prepared him for the Amateur Athletic Union. Javon competed against some of the best players in the Country. At just fourteen years old, he was awarded the tournament MVP at the Rumble in the Bronx.
In June 2011, Javon McCrea was invited to participate in the 2011 USA U19 World Championship Team training camp. On June 19, 2011, he was named as a team finalist.
• 9 Most Valuable Player Awards
• 8 Player Of The Year Awards
• Played Varsity 4 Years
• Scored 38 points in his high school game
• Holds Section V record for most Blocked Shots in a game with 17
• Newark High School All-Time Leading Scorer with 1315 points
• Newark High School All-Time Leading Rebounder with 886
• Scored 1st Triple-Double against Ben Franklin High School
• Finger Lakes High School Athletic Association All-Star
• Received Legislative Resolution Honors from NYS Senator Nozzolio
• Recognized by BCNY
• Lead Team and Conference in Offensive rebounds year 2010-2011 with 101
• Lou Henson All American Team Honors
• AP All American Honorable Mention
• Invited to Attend Adidas Nations Camp
• Holds school record for most points by a freshman with 400
• Grabbed 988 rebounds (most in school history since year 1970's)
• Holds record for most field goals made with 836
• Lead team in Rebounds 3 years
• Lead team in Blocks 2 years
• Lead team in All Offensive Categories in year 2012-2013
• Scored 34 points in his college game
• Amateur Athlete Of The Year Honors
• Scored 25 points and grabbed 20 rebounds in a game
• U19 USA Basketball Team Finalist
• 3 Conference 1st Team Selections
• Awarded Freshman Of the Year
• UB's All Time Leading Scorer with 2,004 points
• Holds season record of Field Goals made with 240
• All Tournament Team at Portsmouth Invitational Tournament
• Scored 611 points in a Season
• Recognized by NCAA for most 2 point shots in a season\career
• Recognized by NCAA for Field Goal percentage in year 2010-2011 with .631%
• Lead Conference in Field Goal Percentage with .631
• Most double double's in a career with 40
Javon Tyree McCrea was born November 5, 1992, on the eastside of Rochester, New York. When McCrea turned nine years old, his family moved to Newark, where he and his uncle JD, honed their athletic skills. Basketball became a diversion from the pressures of violence, drugs and crime.
Javon McCrea Copyright. All rights reserved.